Monday, May 12, 2008

Have you seen the price of gas?



I don't usually like ranting about this kind of thing because honestly, I think we are the most spoilt nation on the planet but I am really getting fed up with the price of gas. Regular, the cheapest option, is now almost $4/gallon. The $200 a month that is coming out of my children's mouths is going into the oil company's record profits. This is wrong - plain and simple.

Do we not have a conscience anymore? It seems as though the divide is growing and our children are the ones who suffer it. The rich seem to be so checked-out living in their cushy plastic bubble that they can't truly see how us ordinary folk struggle just to get by.

I don't need a 5 bedroom house looking over the Puget Sound (though it would be nice), a simple 2 bedroom cottage would suffice. I don't need a slick sports car or a super SUV, just feeling like I can actually afford the scheduled maintenance on the used car I do have would suffice. Why shouldn't I be able to feed my family fresh organic food so we can be healthy instead of the cheap prepackaged meals that are full of hydrogenated oils, fructose corn syrup and enriched flour that make our kids obese.

I thought our government was supposed to speak for the people but I guess I am wrong. Let's hope that we make the right choice in November and begin to see a real change for the better.

No comments: