Monday, September 24, 2007

What's It All About?

They say write what you know. But what I've learned is that I don't know as much as I thought I did. It's a humbling realization. Granted I still like to think that I know a hell of a lot - it's an ego issue I suppose - one that plagues humans more than any other. And so here I go! Blogging for no one in particular except myself and maybe the amusement of my husband.

I think that everyone has a story to tell. We could all write a book about our lives or at least one specific moment in time, albeit some might need the help of a ghost writer! Since I am a mother of a seven year old and a three month old baby, I hardly find the time to brush my teeth let alone write a book, so here is my outlet - Blogger.com.

The title of my blog comes from different labels that I am familiar with and I suppose will be revealed through the blogging process. I guess I'm a walking contradiction or maybe more of a challenge to people's ordinary concepts. To use a label, I am a Buddhist. But to look at me, you would not think I was one. In fact, you'd probably think I was more of a heathen atheist with my fake red hair and tattoos that grace my limbs. I don't listen to Yanni or John Tesh. Give me Silversun Pickups or The White Stripes anyday. I love Bettie Page and all things pinup. My exterior does not represent what is going on in the interior.

Time permitting, I will attempt to blog about the many joys and struggles of being an unconventional wife, mother, and Buddhist.

No comments: