Monday, January 6, 2014

Dharma Mama Blog Return!

Lama Tsultrim Allione
Three years of designing, mothering and dharma-ing. My role as mother recently expanded to my own mother. Dementia and other health issues have brought her into my home. All the emotional baggage of the mother/daughter relationship is as volatile as you could imagine! This post is extremely vague and light, but I wanted to mention a book that has helped me. Feeding Your Demons by Tsultrim Allione.

The exercises in this book are based on the Tibetan Buddhist practice of chöd. "Allione brings an eleventh-century Tibetan woman's practice to the West for the first time with FEEDING YOUR DEMONS, an accessible and effective approach for dealing with negative emotions, fears, illness, and self-defeating patterns."

No comments: